Sunday, November 30, 2008

Living the Call (Part 3)

After I took that final step that took me to Sykes, I was caught in utter disbelief at the decision I just made. It was a leap into total darkness. The thought of severing myself from the academe, the place I thought I was fashioned for, was flabbergasting, to say the least. Was it the right decision or was I just a willing victim being tossed into the inroads of globalization?

That was two years ago.

Today, so much has changed from that unnecessary and self-limiting naivete. I am living an experience with a mindset which is a 180-degree-shift from where I started. From where I'm standing, with the ascent of paradigms and insights afforded by the Sykes experience, I can look into the future pregnant with resolve to continue living the call.

And I'm glad I heeded that call. In hindsight, it is impossible to leave it all to happenstance. Consider these:

How can I be in the wrong place when I'm comfortable with the people I work with, who are not just my colleagues but best friends, more importantly? In the middle of difficult situations, I never run out of neighbors who are only too willing to haul me out of the wasteland I'm dumped into. My leaders are not old-fashioned, bespectacled forty-niners but are self-driven individuals whose passion for excellence is just so infectious. While professional respect is maintained, I can always share a drink or two with them and share life's inanities and glories without hesitations.

How can I call it mere coincidence when Sykes catapulted me into undiscovered realms of self-knowledge and reinvention. Opportunities to further my innate talents abound I thought I finished unearthing them in my school days. Almost everyday, I gather new information it's just so exciting to know I'm earning while learning. I'm overjoyed at the thought I am seen not just an associate who can talk my hours away but a multi-faceted individual infinitely endowed with potentials, and there are people interested in me showing off those talents.

After all, I believe in Sykes' promise: How far will you let me take you?

Take me to the heights of my aspirations, where dreams are lived, real and boundless. Bring me to realms of untold riches hidden under the guise of undiscovered capabilities just waiting, biding their time to be tapped. Fly me to verdant enclaves of infinite possibilities of showing the world that I matter, that I am significant.

No comments: